Monday, June 22, 2009

Jobs




I have worked in various offices over the years. Each has both good and bad points. Sometimes if an opportunity comes my way, I get afraid to pass it up and jump ship. I have been at this job approximatley 2 1/2 years. It is by far, the worst run office I have ever seen. I am told that because of the current economy and job market I should be thankful. While admittedly there is truth to that advice, should I be really that thankful that I cry everytime I get in the car to leave and now take anti-anxiety medicine?

This place is a freaking joke. With the acception of one attorney, who I do not get to work for, these people have nothing to offer their clients. They don't care, they don't pay attention and God forbid they ever pick up the phone and talk to a client. Also, this office does about 45% workers' comp which has to be the bottom of the barrel regarding types of law to do. I HATE IT. Also, see first post re: lack of managerial effort too. My attorney sent me a message asking me to organize a file. What that really meant = I have dropped a file on the floor and don't want to pick up after myself. WTF? Really? My reply message = can i have your mother's phone number to ask if you were raised better?

This awesome attorney I used to work for had an opening b/c the girl there was going to be moving. Interviewed with all 3 attorneys, took 5 minutes to confirm I got the job. Was on Cloud god damn 9 Baby!!! This chica emails me about training and putting a packet together for me. Now I am super psyched. Just had to wait for her to get job in NC. I waited, waited, pre-celebrated, waited. And chica changes her mind. Head honcho is like dad to her so he was cool. Thank God I didn't jump the gun & turn in my notice. She changed her mind. So now I sit here in this cubicle hell. Feeling guilty because I am not at all thankful for this job and knowing there is nothing out there to get me out of here.

No comments:

Post a Comment