Wednesday, May 20, 2009

Receptionist

I work in an office where the receptionist doesn't understand why she is supposed to be answering the phone. Sadly, this statement sums up how this office operates. She has now dubbed herself office administrator, even ordered herself cards. This would make me laugh if I wasn't trying so hard to stiffle the sobs while trapped in this cubicle hell.


She is so awesomely terrifying at her administration job if you ask her questions about the profit-sharing or you know ANY work-related issue, she stares at you in stunned silence. Admittedly I sometimes do ask questions repeatedly because I have learned to appreciate the brief moments of silence. It is a break from her walking down the hall announcing loudly that she "hates this fucking job" and "can't wait to get the fuck out of here" and my personal fave "this place is so fucking unprofessional". Yep, true story she behaves this way and there is no realization of the irony of the last statement being proclaimed loud enough for clients to hear her through closed doors. How does this happen? People like her blow my mind. But what really gets me is the people who employ her. For once, in a law office this stuff cannot even be blamed on someone banging the receptionist. There are hundreds of people who are being laid off from jobs and we have this brain trust. I just don't get it.

No comments:

Post a Comment